FOLLOW THESE EASY STEPS TO ORDER
1- Select the Activity Date & Quantity
2- Click Add to Cart button
3- Continue shopping or proceed to checkout
Book on line and save!
$210.00 per person ECO Star:
$240.00 per person
~ Price includes all taxes & fees ~AVAILABLE:
Select "Morning" or "Afternoon"FLIGHT DURATION:
30 MinutesCHECK IN:
30 Minutes Prior to TourCHECK IN LOCATION: Kahului Heliport,
1 Lelepio Place, Kahului, HI
Relatively few people, even locals, know of the grand and awesome beauty carved into the mountain that is West Maui. One can drive to the mouth of Iao valley to catch a small glimpse of the magnificent rain forest and towering valley walls which lace the entire mountain.
This flight explores one hidden valley after the next and is the only possible way to come to know the real Maui. Knife-edged ridges with mist-shrouded peaks separate the spectacular valleys that give Maui its nickname, "The Valley Isle". Waterfalls cascade from towering cliffs into the streams running along the rainforest floor. If clouds and rainfall happen to be a part of your adventure, the waterfalls and rainbows can be even more spectacular.
This tour is heart-thumping beauty from start to finish.
Tour routes and sights visited may vary according to wind and weather conditions.
Flight duration is 30 minutes. Includes tour narration by pilots who are State of Hawaii Certified Tour Guides.
A-Star: The industry standard American Eurocopter A-Star - a great flight in a compact cabin, with bench-style seating and good visibility. Most important, our A-Stars are flown and maintained by our pilots and technicians, the best in the business.
Individual First-Class seats, 23% more interior space, raised "theater-style" platform in the rear, a more powerful yet more fuel efficient engine that delivers faster flight and thus more sightseeing value. Incorporating the most advanced technologies and avionics available, the Eco-Star is truly "state of the art."
- Eco-Star’s 23% increase in cabin space over the A-Star affords significantly greater personal space for guests, along with improved visibility with over 65 square feet of glass for 180 degree unobstructed views.
- Eco-Star features superior comfort; individual seats for every passenger afford the kind of shoulder room and personal space found in airline "First Class" seating.
- Eco-Star features raised rear seating and wrap-around glass cockpit, for significantly improved visibility from every seat.
- Eco-Star: First helicopter specifically designed for touring, utilizing the latest aircraft and avionics technologies.
- Eco-Star: high-tech, enclosed "Fenestron," or "Fan in Fin," replaces A-Star’s conventional tail rotor. Fenestron is: Safer, Quieter and More efficient—using 25% less engine horsepower, which can now be utilized by the main rotorsystem.
- Eco-Star’s state-of-the-art fuel control automatically optimizes main rotor speed for quietest operations and instant power response. Achieved with a "Full Authority Digital Electronic Control" (FADEC), utilizing dual electronic channels with one electrical backup channel and a third hydro-mechanical backup control.
- Eco-Star’s engine uses latest "Grown Crystal" technology for turbine blades—increasing power, heat tolerance and fuel efficiency. This, along with the FADEC, is the same technology used in state-of-the-art airline engines such those on the leading-edge Boeing 777.
- Eco-Star features dual hydraulic systems.
- Eco-Star cost is over $2 million - approximately 30% more than a new A-Star
Each guest weighing more than 260 pounds on Eco-Star flights or more than 250 pounds on A-Star flights are required to purchase an additional adjacent, empty seat.