FOLLOW THESE EASY STEPS TO ORDERBook on line and save!
1- Select the Activity Date & Quantity
2- Click Add to Cart button
3- Continue shopping or proceed to checkout
~ Prices include all taxes & fees ~
TIME: 5:30 am
CHECK IN: 5:15 am
CHECK IN LOCATION: Maui Downhill, 201 Dairy Rd, Kahului, HI
TOUR DURATION: 7-8 Hours
Don’t want to wake up in the wee hours of the morning, but you also don’t want to miss a view of the First Light of a new day? This may be the tour for you!
Meet your crew for the day at our base yard, located on 199 Dairy Road in Kahului. You will ascend Haleakala and enter the National Park as the sun starts to peak over the summit. Witness a beautiful display of colors illuminating the Maui sky. Don’t worry you won’t miss the tour and history of majestic Haleakala and the beauty of native species of plant life and wildlife.
As you make your way down the summit, your bicycle safari will begin at the 6,500 foot elevation, where you will begin the descent down the world’s largest resting volcano. You will gently descend the 21 switchbacks, where you will enjoy bi-coastal views of Maui’s central valley and the West Maui Mountains, all while taking in the beauty and fragrance of the flora surrounding you. Experience the wind in your face and the beauty Maui has to offer you.
- Meet at our Kahului office located at 201 Dairy Road.
- Enjoy hot beverages and snacks.
- Helmets and rain gear (if needed) are fitted to each guest for their comfort.
- View the First Light of a new day as you journey across Maui’s central valley and ascend Haleakala.
- View the magical summit of Haleakala (10,023’). Also, enjoy the stunning view of the Haleakala cinder cones and volcanic features 3000’ below. Also, enjoy a tour of the National Park and House of the Sun Visitor Center with our knowledgeable tour guides.
- Bicycle tour begins at the 6500’ elevation mark outside of the national park.
- The tour will gently descend the 21 switchbacks on the western slopes of Haleakala (the world’s largest resting volcano).
- Riders will enjoy bi-coastal panoramas of Maui’s central valley and West Maui Mountains. Riders will enjoy the scent and sights of riding through pine and eucalyptus forests.
- There will be photo opportunities during the bike ride.
- Enjoy a breakfast/lunch stop in the beautiful and historic plantation town of Hali’imaile. (Meal not included in ticket price)
- Finish the bicycle ride through the Upcountry community.
- Van tour with information and history of Maui’s sugar cane and pineapple days.
- Tour duration: 7-8 hours.
- Wear warm clothing in layers.
- Competent riders - please, no beginners.
- Sorry, NO PREGNANT WOMEN.
- Minimum 12 years of age.
- 5 feet tall guideline height.
- Wear close-toed rubber soled shoes.
- Maximum weight for bike rider is 250 lbs.
- No Riders may participate with medical conditions that would adversely effect them in this activity.
- Riders must sign acknowledgement of risk & safety form